Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Charity

Yesterday I did something I never thought myself capable of doing. I donated half of my first month’s salary as charity. I’ve been thinking of a good place and a good way to make a contribution, and this happened unexpectedly. I know I’m not a philanthropist, and I must say I did feel a tinge of pain when I saw the receipt for the donation. It wasn’t entirely unselfish, since the international lifetime membership that I received in return for my donation was indeed an appealing prospect.

Still, in the end, I feel it is an investment well made. I have seen the organization working to feed poor school children and have often felt that I haven’t been doing anything to help out in such a noble cause. I even have a chance as a member to serve the children for a day in a year as a volunteer and I look forward to the experience. I hope the money is well utilized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloo

saw your blog after a long time. Good one man!...keep posting more adventures from Des

Anonymous said...

hey,swadeshi!
y no updates from u? waiting to hear more from the confused desi,man!

Anonymous said...

hey Bagada,

have been reading your blog...
waiting to hear more from you..

Aaron